Author Topic: Activities For Young Learners 6-7-8 Year Olds  (Read 6832 times)

RebeccaG

• Administrator
Activities For Young Learners 6-7-8 Year Olds
« on: August 27, 2006, 01:23:53 AM »
Hello Everyone --

I thought I would start this thread in light of the North American Culture and Language Assistants program and the number of teachers coming to Spain teach young learners.

Professionally I specialize in adult education/corporate training. However, personally, my husband and I are raising our son to be bilingual Spanish/English. And believe me, the learning processes between adults and children are entirely different. We are using the one parent one language method which has me scrambling to recall all the nursery songs in English, Mother Goose, etc.

The other night at a family gathering, I started to sing the song \"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes\" since my son lights up when he hears me sing it. Although he is only 7 months old and nowhere near talking, he does recognize tunes. I was surprised when my 8 year old Spanish nephew started to sing it along with me. He was really excited because it was a song he had learned in school.

So, for those of you looking for \"teaching material\" for young learners, you could do a lesson on body parts and include that song as well as a few rounds of \"simon says\". Remember to keep the lesson light and more emphasis on the game/activity. It can be didactic and fun!

If any of you have other ideas, by all means, post them here!

Suerte!

-R

P.S. While surfing the net, I found this more recent version of Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. FUN!
PASS IT ON! Has the information on this board been helpful to you? If so, please pass it on! Tell others about the website, share your comments and insights! If we can improve, please tell us!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18