Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Could this knowledge guide me further?
Finding work in Spain / Re: Part-time TEFL courses
« Last post by Estefania on April 17, 2018, 07:21:52 AM »
How much more can I learn and can you recommend me?
Finding work in Spain / Re: Looking for work as an English teacher in Spain
« Last post by Gilbertnut on March 29, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
I also do the same. Do not know enough to have someone suggest me?
Finding work in Spain / Looking for work as an English teacher in Spain
« Last post by LinziBrand on February 26, 2018, 07:44:45 AM »
I am writing to enquire about teaching jobs in Spain.

My name is Lindsay. I am a native English speaker from the Scotland in United Kingdom. I graduated from the University of Glasgow last year, having studied French and Italian Language and Culture.

Currently, I am working as an English teacher in Vietnam. Working at both primary and secondary schools teaching English to Grades 1 through to Grade 9. In addition, I teach English and French via an online platform, and I work as a private tutor for 2 hours per week for Grades 4 and 6.

I am currently seeking employment as an English teacher in Spain. Having studied French and Italian, I am very keen to learn Spanish next and I would love the opportunity to teach in a European country.

I am writing to request information on working as an English teacher in Spain. I hope to start working from next semester (September 2018) and was wondering if you had any positions that I could apply for, or even any information that may help me.

Thank you in advance.
Finding work in Spain / Re: Spanish government job posting website
« Last post by Pizzallonut on February 07, 2018, 04:44:42 AM »
It is a very good job. I really like I think it is very good.
I had no idea both nationalities could remain valid in this situation. I thought you would lose your former one autimatically. That's pretty neat.
If I take this information to publish, can I share my knowledge?
North American Language and Culture Assistant Program / Re: Badajoz Extremadura
« Last post by Ferisoda on January 30, 2018, 10:58:21 AM »
I want to know where to find this information and to publish it.
The Expatriate Cafe / Australian wanting to work in Spain - advice needed.
« Last post by Nikitatee on January 13, 2018, 03:20:44 AM »
Hi there,

I am a 31 year old female Primary School Teacher wanting to work in Spain for 6-12 months in 2019. Initially I thought I should try to get a job teaching English but I was also told I should look into International Schools in Spain. The only thing is, all of the schools I've seen so far are for British teachers, or at least teachers with UK qualifications. Obviously, being Australian, I have Australian qualifications. I have a Bachelor of Education Degree + 6 years full-time teaching experience in Primary education.

My question is, how hard would it be to find a job in either an International School or any other Primary School setting in Spain? Am I looking in the wrong places? Should I be looking at Government schools/private schools etc?

Also, will I need to complete a TESOL certificate or equivalent?

I guess I just would like to know how difficult it would be for me to find a job teaching in Spain and if I should stick to just teaching English/tutoring.

Thanks heaps in advance.
Hi all, first post on here, forgive me if I'm breaking any site rules or doing something incorrect,

I'm an American student in the middle of a year-long study abroad in Spain. My situation is the following

I applied for and received and a long-stay VISA to last the full duration of my stay in Madrid, until May 31st. However, what they put on my passport wasn't that, but rather a type D visa valid from 8/15 until 11/27. They told me at the consulate that I had to apply for a TIE within 30 days of getting into the country. I did set up a couple of appointments, one in October and one a couple weeks ago in December. I couldn't make it ot the first one because of issues getting empadronado, which I was told was necesary for the TIE on the sede website. I did end up getting empadronado in late November (I was not very on top of this and its coming back to bite me), in time for an appointment Dec. 15 to get my TIE, but I missed the appointment. My visa is now expired. I had plans to travel back home for the break, and I was able to make it through customs without any issues on the way out. However, getting back in I'm not certain I'll be ok.

I will be traveling back on the 10th of january, and after that I will be staying within the EU (and depending on what I find out, within the schengen as well) until I go back home for good. I've already made another appointment for the TIE in february. I guess my questions are: what will my immigration status be when i'm flying back? will I have the schengen tourist visa? was i in the country illegally when I left? if so, what are the chances of getting busted on the way in? What are the potential consequences if I do get flagged at customs?

I'm also a clean cut white male with no history at all of immigration problems, if that makes a difference in terms of getting inspected closely

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10