Author Topic: Miami Consulate  (Read 1529 times)

chachi_piruli

Miami Consulate
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
Hey all,

Thought us Miami people could use a new thread for talking about our consulate specifically.  Hopefully it's useful for you!

It looks like a lot of us are still inscrita.  Has anyone using the Miami Consulate been moved forward?  If so, when did you send in your documents and when did you see a change in status?  Also, what inscrita number are you?  I sent in my documents about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.  It seems like this is happening to everyone, but it would give me peace of mind to know for sure.

Pachapapa

Re: Miami Consulate
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »
I am inscrita #674 and my status has not been changed either. I don't remember the exact date that I sent my documents to Miami but it was defiantly within the first week of the application opening. I'll post here when my status changes. COME ON MIAMI, THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!  ;D

nicolecp

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
That's really bizarre. I sent my stuff in on 8 February and I got an email saying I was registrada within a week and then the next day moved to admitida. I'm #2182 which isn't even low.

kirstysara

• Adventure Awaits
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »
Still inscrita here. #1216, sent papers January 19th.

chachi_piruli

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
Friend who is inscrita #68 just got moved to admitida and I (#39) am still inscrita.  Starting to get a little worried.

willespana

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »
 My inscrita number is #1156. I did not submit my final document (rec letter) until about two weeks ago to the Miami Consulate. Last Thursday my status was changed to registrada, and then to admitida the following day.

upcycledbliss

• Silver
    • Upcycled Bliss
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »
I turned admitida a couple weeks ago.  I sent my documents in the day after profex opened and they got there the day after I mailed them.  I am #101.  I do now however think me mailing stuff in early or me being a lower number made any difference.  sometimes they seem to be picking who ever is on the top that day and sometimes maybe digging in deeper.

clarkthesnark

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:27 PM »
Dang I was hoping like chachi that everyone else in Miami was going through the same thing, and that hearing about it would give me peace of mind but it's just making me more distressed! My friend and I here in NC are both still Inscrita, though our numbers are #301 and #401 and we mailed our forms in more than a month ago! UGH! Has anyone called or emailed? I am extremely hesitant to do so since they admonished so heavily against it on the website, but this just seems ridiculous and unfair...

upcycledbliss

• Silver
    • Upcycled Bliss
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
I am not really sure why it is unfair?  It does not do anything to your chances of getting in.  They didnt promise your documents would be processed in any specific order.  It doesnt decrease your inscrita number.  From what I hear from people its time to be slightly worried you messed something up if you get registrada but it takes a long time to go to admitida.  Remember every phone call they get takes away from them processing the thousands of pieces of paper they are processing that are not in their native language.

rubylacruz

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »
I applied on January 20th, my application number is 352. I sent all of my documents by February 13th and on February 22nd I got "admitida". However, my boyfriend applied along with me, number 353 and is still "inscrita".

nicolecp

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
I would not recommend emailing! I emailed to ask a generic question about an issue I had and I never received a response. If you call, the office closes at 1pm every day (I'm from Miami and live near the consulate), so make sure you call before then!

helenmk

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »
I am number 1366 and I became registrada on Feb. 7...still waiting to become admitida and wondering now if I should call the consulate.  I did email them in regards to an issue with my recommendation letter, and they responded the next day.  All of my documents have been uploaded to Profex, and I uploaded the recommendation letter myself so I know it's signed and on letterhead paper, etc. 

Pachapapa

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
As I said earlier in this thread, I was one of the first ones to sign up (inscrita 674) and I sent my hard copies in right away. My status just changed from inscrita directly to admitada today. I wouldn't worry too much if your status hasn't changed yet. They are working on it.

chachi_piruli

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »
Update if you're interested: I sent in my docs about a month ago and was just moved pretty much immediately from registrada to admitida.  Looks like they're working their way through the stack!  Good luck Miami peeps!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18