Author Topic: Suggestions for a course  (Read 666 times)

AdamGale

• Default personal text
Suggestions for a course
« on: February 03, 2017, 02:29:18 PM »
Good afternoon all.

I suspect this is a question asked by many, but as every situation is different, I thought I would ask in here. 

I have a PGCE for Primary in the UK gained 11 years ago.  I have taught in Primary, Secondary, College, Prisons, Privately and now in an SEBD/SEMH school.  I have a 2:1(Hons) in Literature from the OU. 

I am looking to move to Spain at the age of 55 in around 5 years time, ideally to teach English to supplement a military pension.  I have no TEFL/CELTA, my partner speaks fluent Spanish but we are looking at more rural areas rather than the tourist meccas.  She would be looking to teach English to the Spanish but has no qualifications at the moment.

Suggestions welcome on whether this is feasible, what course I should/could do, and what sort of salaries are out there?  Am I looking in the right areas or wrong areas?  The pension means that I would be able to be quite flexible (but not mugged!) on what I could earn!

Thanks in advance!

Linda Klecha

• Default personal text
Re: Suggestions for a course
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »
Hi Adam, I have the same question... Have you had any response?  Please share.  Thanks!