Author Topic: N. American Lang & Cultural Asst 2008 - 09  (Read 68078 times)

SRedw

• Platinum
N. American Lang & Cultural Asst 2008 - 09
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
The new application will be up soon.

http://www.mec.es/sgci/usa/es/programas/auxiliares_us/aux_us.shtml

A great day to all,

Shawn

bblewett3

Re: N. American Lang & Cultural Asst 2008 - 09
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
Im excited, been looking forward to the day that it is updated for a while now.

bigempty_8

• http://www.myspace.com/34007953
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:59:33 AM »
I've called them a million time and they keep telling me the same thing, "we will have the website up and running soon". I did this program from 2006-2007, everything was by mail, let's hope this is much easier than in the past. Have any of you done this program yet? It was a blast for me which is why I'm going back. Good luck guys.

bblewett3

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:24:13 PM »
http://www.mec.es/sgci/usa/en/programs/us_assistants/default.shtml

Application is up!!
Looks like it will be a bit difficult.

rosnjust

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
To bad I don't have a medical certificate. It has to be  completed 6 months prior to application. That is horrible!!  :-[

bblewett3

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »
ros, "One photocopy of a medical clearance that has been issued within six months prior to sending the application." Key word, "within". That means that the medical clearance can not be more than six months old.

bmxican47

• Bronze
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:27:44 AM »
Hey they put posted my survey in the "Experiences" section. Cool. I tried to mention expatriatecafe.com at the end but they edited out the link (and a lot of other things). It looks like this year it will take a little more effort to repeat, and the preference is for new applicants. Good luck to everybody.

Hasta luego
Joe

pd... por lo visto ya no sé hablar inglés. Perdonad los errores que tenÁ­a prisa.

rosnjust

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 02:21:06 AM »
ros, "One photocopy of a medical clearance that has been issued within six months prior to sending the application." Key word, "within". That means that the medical clearance can not be more than six months old.

I know I know! Thank you but I realized this today. I read it wrong...hell I read it at 4:00am. Reading things when your body's been up for 24 hours isn't good. So that is why I came back here to clarify this.

Thanks

SRedw

• Platinum
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »
It looks like this year it will take a little more effort to repeat, and the preference is for new applicants.

Hello to everyone.  This isn't true at all, although it seems like it..  I spoke with one of the people in charge of the program here in Spain and he said that it's quite easy to renew.

Shawn

rosnjust

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
My confidence is going down right now. I finished the online application just need the rest that they ask for. Pero no se si lo puedo hacer!! I want to do this but I feel like I can't. I am so scared. I've been taking Spanish forever but I feel I'm not ready. I've already lived in Spain for three months. Yeah three....but I'm still scared. Can you all give me some motivation and advice?

Thanks

Rosalyn

bblewett3

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 03:51:54 AM »
You can do it!!!! Just imagine that you will be in Spain for a long time, who knows what could happen during that time. It could be the best experience of your life.

bmxican47

• Bronze
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
Hello to everyone.  This isn't true at all, although it seems like it..  I spoke with one of the people in charge of the program here in Spain and he said that it's quite easy to renew.

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

I hope that all who want to continue in he program are able to, but I really do think it will be more difficult. Obviously this is based off of the information I am reading on the website, but also keep in mind that its different for each comunidad autonoma. Perhaps the information you were given from a higher up is true for Madrid, but they would never see my renewal application as it goes directly to the junta de Andalucia.

This is in no way negative, it only means that those considering renewal need to be on point and complete the requirements in a timely fashion. How is everything in Madrid?

Hasta luego
JOE

rosnjust

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »
You can do it!!!! Just imagine that you will be in Spain for a long time, who knows what could happen during that time. It could be the best experience of your life.

thanks so much!! ;D

SRedw

• Platinum
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »
Well, just took a look at the requirements for people to renew in Madrid and I must say that it is TEDIOUS to have to put ALL of our information into the system again.  It was much simplier with the last system, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.   ;D

Will find time this week to fill out the CV form again and have it ready by this Friday.

Shawn