Author Topic: what about a business license?  (Read 7161 times)

mlwalton

• Platinum
  • Action is the word!
what about a business license?
« on: November 12, 2002, 07:17:00 PM »
Hey I\'m putting this one out there to anyone who can answer....when I was in Prague, you could get a business license and become your own company thereby being self-employed....and get your visa and paperwork that way....is this possible in Spain?  Can I start my own company, an English teaching company (of 1) and get a residence visa that way?  Then schools could hire me as an independent contractor and it would all be legal, right? The answer to this question could very well determine my future in Spain...

Gracias,

Michelle[addsig]
Save the siesta!
"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace." - Amelia Earhart

visit me at myspace.com/worldclasstraveller

mlwalton

• Platinum
  • Action is the word!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »
Ok so I\'m guessing by lack of response to my post, that it means that this is not a viable option?  I\'m going on vacation next week and one of my vacation days will be spent camped out at the consualte general of Spain\'s office to see if I can make this happen.  But from everything that I\'ve researched so far, it all tells me that I have to be physically in Spain first, in order to start the application process to start my own company....if (if this is possible) there is anyone in Barcelona who would say be willing to go get me the application from the ministry of labor\'s office in exchange for a care package of goodies from the States [IMG SRC=\"modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_love.gif\"]  (ok here comes shameless bribery) maybe you miss your favorite shampoo or candy bar or magazine or maybe you\'d just like a can of Campbell\'s soup?  We can discuss the particulars....you can post here or e-mail me privately at [!-- BBCode Start --][A HREF=\"mailto:mlwalton13@hotmail.com\"]mlwalton13@hotmail.com[/A][!-- BBCode End --]....

Salud! [IMG SRC=\"modules/phpBB_14/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif\"]

Michelle[addsig]
Save the siesta!
"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace." - Amelia Earhart

visit me at myspace.com/worldclasstraveller

silo

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »

This is probably the most promising piece of info I have seen on the subject, but of course, for the whole of the information you have to cough up 60$. Could be useful or not, welcome to the world of financial risk.

you could get a business license and become your own company thereby being self-employed....and get your visa and paperwork that way....is this possible in Spain?[

I would think that they want you to get your visa, then start a business.
Oderant dum metuant

serendipity

• Gold
Re: what about a business license?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »
i'm resurrecting this old query...can anybody shed more light on this topic?