Author Topic: Meeting other assistants at placements  (Read 906 times)

joshuaremedios

• Default personal text
Meeting other assistants at placements
« on: March 27, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
Hi all!

I am considering applying for the 2017-2018 year once I graduate and I was wondering if you meet other assistants at your placements? My brother is currently doing something similar in Korea and he has made great friends with his coworkers who also came to Korea to teach. I would love to travel and make some friends while I'm there and meeting others who would also want to travel would be awesome. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Josh

Patrick

Re: Meeting other assistants at placements
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »
Hey,

You might even have other assistants in the same school as you depending on how large it is. 

If you work in a medium-large city, there will be a lot of other language assistants in the same city.  Even if you work in a town there will probably be a few other assistants in the town.  If you work in a really small town there will probably be other assistants in neighboring towns or the nearest city/larger town.  So no matter where you go, there will be other language assistants around probably.

Definitely check out the facebook groups for the program, once you get to Spain other people will post about meeting up in your area.